Friday, June 15, 2012

Starting over..? YES.

Holy Cow!! This is so crazy...
Well, I have been wanting to start a blog for a LONG time.. so I felt now was as good a time as any!
This past year has just flown by.. I don't know what has happened!! It feels like just yesterday I was walking  in Bear River's front doors wishing I was starting college, not having to live through tortuousness high school days. Then, in an instant I'm sitting with my best friend, Abby Doty, at SUU orientation talking about studying abroad in Africa...(how cool would that be?!) But so much has happened since then, and I have grown sooo much! A little over a year ago I wrecked my car.. (yep I'm not too great of a driver), then during my senior year of High School Soccer I tore my ACL 2nd game into the season, my family moved to Kansas, I got a job at BRVCC as a CNA, I had to decide where to go to college and how to pay for it. It is crazy how when you wish life away, it literally flies right by!

Now, this fall I start my life at Southern Utah University with the bestest friends anyone could ask for, Abbatha and Lizz! It was so crazy seeing these recent high school grads at orientation and thinking there is NO way they are old enough to be there! Being at orientation made me about 100x more excited for my new life and all the new opportunities that will be out there for me! It makes me think, maybe I can start over and make a new me.. if that makes sense?

There are so many new things I want to try, thanks to my avid running friends!! I want to run a 5k, 10k, and hopefully a half marathon someday!! I want to live a healthier, happier life where I am happier with my self and have a better self image! And something else I am DEFINITELY going to do soon with Abby and Liz; a study abroad program in which I can help in orphanages in South Africa.. How AMAZING would that be??? Definitely best experience of my life I think.... 


College has basically opened the doors for me! There are so many opportunities out there that I didn't even knew existed!!! This is my chance to start over, build a new me and have the BEST time of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment